Shared community standards remind us that we each have personal responsibility for
actions that may affect our own health and the health of our friends, colleagues,
and the broader campus community. We know that Catamounts Care and we have developed
the following set of standards to encourage everyone to put the well-being of themselves
and others top of mind.
Practice Self-Care and Show Respect and Caring to All
- Before going to class or work, check for symptoms of illness on a daily basis.
- Feeling sick? Stay home and if necessary, call your health care provider.
- If you have COVID-19 symptoms or know you have been exposed, follow the advice of
your health care provider to seek medical guidance.
- Follow the advice of your health care provider and voluntarily participate in medical
monitoring and contact tracing as necessary or requested.
- Practice good self-care principles and care for your physical and mental health.
- Stay connected with your family and friend groups and participate in small group activities
and virtual opportunities.
COVID-19 STATUS SUBMISSION
Faculty, staff and student workers should continue to report their COVID status to
their supervisor should they test positive. Students should submit a COVID Self Report if they have received a positive test anywhere but Health Services.
WCU Health Services will prioritize symptomatic COVID-19 testing. Any faculty, staff
or student experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 should seek a testing appointment. Asymptomatic individuals seeking a surveillance test may request a free test to
administer at home from Health Services.
What to do if you have been exposed to COVID-19
Refer to CDC guidance and call and schedule an appointment to access Health Services, 828-227-7640. You will be provided directions on which entrance to access when you
make your appointment.